Bhanu Didi Remembers

Posted on: Friday, May 11, 2012 | Posted by: Art of Living Universe

Note: If you are not able to see the image below, you need to click on 'Display images' in your mail




I was born on Jan 11, 1958, in Papanasam, in the same house where guruji was born. The Sanskrit name for sister is Sahodhari...one who shares the womb. Just the thought that my Master shared the same womb fills me with gratitude and my life continues to be a journey of gratitude and joy from moment to moment!

Often people ask me when I realized he was my guru. The truth is I have always followed him, unknowingly in the beginning, and with the knowledge later on, but his words and his steps have led and guided me throughout.

He has taught me to play, to sing, to meditate, to do puja, to care, to serve...the list is endless. When guruji was about five years old and I was three, our games used to emulate the puja that we have seen our grandmother performing. Guruji would make his small shivalinga, offer flowers, chant few verses and keep some sweets to offer. I would sit beside him with eyes closed waiting for the sweets. Once I asked him why we had to offer because god doesn't seem to eat them anyway. He simply told me, "of course god eats it, he makes it sweeter and gives it back for us!"

There was a small Shiva temple near our house where we would go every day. The temple had 108 shivalingas and guruji would insist on going around each one chanting ‘om namah shivaya’. We were still just 5 and 3 years old. I would skip one or two and finish and at the end guruji would lead me by hand back to those one or two and make me complete it! The awareness, the attention to detail and perfection in everything he did was amazing.

Click here to read more about Sri Sri in Bhanu Didi's words

No comments:

Post a Comment